Tuesday 25 November 2014

Latest News

Can't believe how short the days are now and it is dark just after 4pm, where has the year gone? Have now had some rain so stream starting to fill up, came as a shock to some of the lambs as they have had a very dry time since they were born. Also the little dog wondered what it was at first but soon got used to it and realised there is lots of mud to play in.

Have had a bit of a rough time health wise lately and very frustrating as my leg is still not working properly, still getting some physio but will have had my 6 allowed sessions soon!  The doctor tried some muscle relaxing tablets which resulted in my arm and hand not working properly!!!  Have stopped taking the tablets and very slowly getting some use back in my arm and hand.  It isn't nice going backwards, the most annoying thing is the lack of grip, I set off carrying something only to find I drop it and only realise this when I get to my destination.

Seem to have had lots of visitors recently which is very nice, we also had Senna Dog to stay for just over a week which pleased her friend Nell.  John and Ceri went to New York and Boston for his birthday and really happy as they got engaged in Boston and now busy planning their wedding next year.  Nell and Senna get on really well together and tire each other out!

Have been busy with Stroke Association as I have met another chap who is thinking of going to the Aphasia Centre, hopefully I have persuaded him to try and get a place.  Also been on a training course with Amy Waite as part of my role as "expert patient".

We have finished with the vegetable plot for this year, it's not worth trying to grow anything here over the winter.  Also been busy giving some of the windows a coat of wood stain to preserve them, I can do some of the preparation by sanding them down and Liz can do the painting.  

Going to a Stroke Association Communication Cafe tomorrow in Barnard Castle, this is the first meeting so hopefully plenty of people turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment