Saturday 31 May 2014

Moving on

During my last week I was approached by one of the tutors Rose who asked if I would go along one Thursday to a NETA (North East Trust for Aphasia) session and show some of the participants what I am able to do with my ipad.  As I had to be In Newcastle the following Friday I said I would go the next week.
I went into a group session of about 9 people and started by showing them the speech function, one of the ladies who was new to ipads was gobsmacked by what it could do.  It was very satisfying to show them what I had learnt knowing it will help fellow Aphasia sufferers, hope I will be able to do more of this in the future.

On the Friday I was at the RVI for a cerebral angiogram.  We got there for 8am at my allotted time, didn't go in theatre until 2.30pm the procedure only takes about 20 minutes but then have to spend 4 hours recovering including lying flat for an hour.  So we didn't leave the hospital until 6pm - it was a long day!!  Finally got home just after 8pm.  Great to find our neighbours had fed the sheep and put the chickens to bed!!

Liz had a list of jobs this week!  So have been busy in the garden and we actually managed to paint the wall in the hall which has been waiting for paint since it was plastered about a year ago.

Our veg plot is doing well as Liz has a good supervisor - obviously.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment