Monday 12 May 2014

Very busy times!

Life has got very busy at the moment.  Have been back at the Aphasia centre for two weeks, can't believe this is my last week starting tomorrow.  
Last Friday was the day we did our Aphasia Awareness presentation to ten speech therapists, we were allocated different parts of the presentation and then we had to do our own stories of how we had had a stroke and how it has affected us.  As everyone of us has a different experience.  It seemed to go very well after all our hard work and practising so we were very pleased. 
Now in our final week we will have to do assessments to see if we have improved over the 12 weeks.
As usual we are now all worrying what we will do next, meeting with fellow aphasia sufferers is good, in some areas there are groups for stroke sufferers but these are not always beneficial for people with aphasia especially if they have lots of quizzes or play bingo!!

Whilst I was up at the University last Wednesday  my tutor asked me if I would go up this Thursday afternoon and speak to 25 people about how my iPad has helped me cope with not being able to read and write and also about my blog.  

As I said in my last blog I have been accepted on the Limbs Alive research programme with Newcastle 
RVI so have been busy playing my computer games.  The research nurse Sharon comes once a week to make sure I am doing it right and to do a number of assessments.  I then have to wear wrist tags for 3 days to monitor the movement in my arms.  At the moment it is too early to say if it is making any difference but I am happy to try.  The readings from the tags are showing I am moving my right arm more so that is good.

On the wettest foggiest night we got our final lamb, she was born in the rain and absolutely tiny, Liz had a long night with the mother who wasn't very well and didn't want to feed the little girl so it was a couple of bottles until the mother pulled herself together.  They are both fine now and although small the lamb is full of bounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment