Friday 15 November 2013

First memories

Thank you to my wife, Liz for filling in the gaps when my memory does not recall.
I have very few memories of the first few  days at Bishop Auckland hospital. My first memory is of being in a room with three other men who had suffered strokes.
At first I was having physio daily the main push for this was to get you walking so you could go home, therefore physio concentrated on legs with very little exercise on my arms.
I received speech therapy from two therapists on my ward mostly based on looking at picture cards and naming them.
One of the therapists was interested in using IT and arranged for me to have a laptop and then an IPad. I found this very difficult as I couldn't concentrate for very long.

Still very sleepy.



No comments:

Post a Comment