Wednesday 27 November 2013

Speech Therapy

I had 2 speech therapists whilst at Bishop Auckland and one of them would come and see me each day.

We mostly concentrated on having a conversation and also looking at picture cards and naming what was on them, I think to help with my memory loss.

One of the therapist was very keen on using IT software and we would use either an iPad or laptop, she was very good and arranged for me to have a laptop by my bed.

I was increasingly frustrated with my speech as many times I struggled to say what I wanted (at least the swear words were under control!) Many times I would just give up and keep quiet.  My neighbour in the next bed could talk for me!

The speech therapist asked if I would be interested in taking part in an intensive aphasia therapy at Newcastle University - I said of course I would!  So she said she would send my details and ask for a place but couldn't promise that I would get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment