Sunday 9 February 2014

Week Two

Back up to Newcastle on Tuesday, the weather is still wet and windy but have to feel sorry for people living in the south especially the south west and in Somerset.  Feel especially sorry for the farmers struggling to keep their animals safe and fed.

One of the topics we discussed this week in a group session was what we would do if we won £10,000000.  I said I would give some to friends and family, didn't know whether Liz would like a bigger farm to keep more animals, and buy her a new car.  I would also buy a Lamborghini and have a driver who take me out in it (Liz wouldn't drive it with me in it).  

My small group is having a project  to promote the understanding of Aphasia, so over the course of the weeks we will work on this project.  Interestingly on the news this morning their was an article about Dementia awareness and how Salford is the first town in England to promote awareness of Dementia, they are doing this by training taxi drivers, retail staff etc, wouldn't if be great if Newcastle could become the first city in England to be Apahasia aware!

In Emily's session on Friday, I had more tests to do for spelling. I wasn't looking forward to this but she pushed me to complete these as they use this information to see how you have improved over the weeks by final tests in the last couple of weeks. 

Friday as usual is a long hard day and I am always tired by the time we get home thank goodness there is a weekend to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment